Saturday 31 January 2015

Books VS Kindle

I am surely not the only one that has the same debate with themselves and others right? I have only just started reading more well I say in the past 14 months more than ever and I LOVE books. Even before I was reading more I loved them and I would always by some new ones with the intention of reading them one day. There is nothing I love more than having a cup of tea and reading a good book. A physical book that is. Holding it in your hands, the smell and even breaking the spine *Abbie and Kelli will kill me for saying that* but it is just one of them things that I like. Getting lost into a whole new world, imaging the character and creating what they look like in your head and comparing them to your own life.



I own a few books all my favourites and the ones I plan to read in the next year. But late last year, black Friday (26th November) I bought a Kindle. I had toyed with the idea for a good couple of months but I always resist'd as I loved a physical book to much. But obviously I caved. There are many good points in having a Kindle as some of the books are much cheaper, take less space in your bag, takes less space on your bookshelves. 
But today after finishing my book on my Kindle * MAYBE SOMEDAY* I felt like I needed to pick up a book. I missed reading with a book in my hand, turning the pages and all that Jazz. I have since picked up a new book and started reading it. Again I do like my Kindle but I am slowly starting to miss books and I think maybe just thinking I prefer a good old book to it. Maybe a Kindle can be for Holidays or something. I am not quite sure right now. Maybe I need to give it some more time and get used to it * Get with the 21st century* it has only been 2 months since I bought it and compared with 24 years of books that not really given it a fair chance now is it.

What are your thoughts on this subject Books or Kindle?!?



Let me know 

No comments:

Post a Comment