Tuesday 3 February 2015

Slim Fast Diet

I know now it is the newish year and every one has probably said the same thing for their new years resolutions, but I have stuck with mine the whole month it has been 2015. My main aim was to shift the pounds I put on at Christmas and well the pounds I was gaining even before the Christmas period started :(.
I LOVE food, not just any food junk food. Pizza is my favourite and sweets are my weakness. But January 1st I gave it all up in aid of being fit and healthy before my 25th birthday *ergh 25* I started off well but I wasn't loosing any weight. I had been on Slimming world in 2012 and lost a stone but that was also due to me being rather unwell for 3 months *helps when you can't walk anywhere* so I thought I would go back there and follow their plan for a while and see what happens. NOTHING happened I lost nothing I but then I again I don't think I was following the plan well enough. I wanted to loose the weight but I wasn't in the right mind frame. I do believe something will click or something will happen to make you change your mind and be more determined. Mine happened shortly after I had the flu/cold bug the 2nd week of January when I realised I have one of my oldest and dearest friends wedding to attend. I mean it is going to be bad enough I am single and going to a wedding I don't want to be the frumpy, fat, single one at the wedding. So that is when my mind was set and I had my aims and goals to reach.

So I have tried something new... For the past 2 weeks I have been on Slim Fast milkshake diet. Many people I have spoke to have said bad things about it and never lost anything. So mainly saying that was a waste of time. But I have my own mind and was willing to try anything for the kick start I needed. 
Lets just say it has well and truly worked for me. In 2 weeks I have lost a total of 13lbs.
Now that I have finished it I am going to go back to slimming world. I have the focus this time to stick to it. I don't want to put on all the weight I have just lost. Plus I am going to go back Running. I would normally run in the morning as I feel it sets you up for the day. I LOVE the feeling of feeling refreshed and there is nothing better than running on a beautiful but mild day :) I haven't been on a run in the past 2 weeks as I have worked a lot and been rather tired. There has also been the fact I haven't been eating a great deal and I didn't fancy passing out on the side walk.
But Slim Fast is over now, alot of weight has been shifted so now I am focused in continuing to loose the last couple of pounds I have on me and back to Slimming World and Running.

A little about how each day runs on a Slim Fast diet.




So, you have 2 shakes a day and 1 meal. It can be any meal of your choice for me my meal was lunch time. I worked a lot of late shifts at work these 2 weeks starting at 3 or 4 so this was my best option.
So I would have a shake in the morning with a piece of fruit (Banana mainly), Lunch time a meal of at least 600 calories. I am lucky to have my mum on Slimming world so she would cook a nice meal for dinner in the slow cooker and I would be able nick some just before I head out to work. *Thanks Mum*
Then when I get home I would have my last shake and a slim fast snack bar and I have been loving the Chocolate Dream Bar which taste just like a Mars Bar RESULT. 
Through out the day I do pick on grapes strawberries and apples as well and I make sure I have at least 2 litres of water to hydrate my skin.
That is it. Simple. Fast and Effective.















Let me know your results on Slim Fast?
Have you tried it yet?

Byeeee



1 comment:

  1. I nominated you for the infinity dreams award because I love your blog! Find out all about it here; http://thekatiewilsonlife.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/infinity-dreams-award.html
    p.s I'm so jealous you've met one direction! xx

    ReplyDelete